- Show up. I know that sounds simple and it is. What if you show up and actually go after it? The first step in doing anything in life is showing up. Even if you only stay in the situation for five minutes, whatever it may be, you’ve won half the battle.
- Pick your starting point. You don’t have to look at the past and think of all the ways things didn’t work out. What if today, you start right where you are? Place your feet in the starting blocks and take the first of many steps. Pick your starting point and start.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Make sure you’re moving in the right direction. Make sure you’re listening to your inner voice and allowing yourself to be who you are. Don’t sweat the small stuff in what others think of your dreams. What others wish you would do. Focus on your path, on your talents, on what dream has been placed on your heart and don’t allow yourself to fall to the little things that try to hold you back.
- Stop looking for the quick fix. The key is in the preparation, in the work in life. We live in a microwave society and when things don’t happen fast we tend to bail out. Stop looking for the quick and look for consistency. Your preparation will guide you through.
- Ask for help. Don’t allow yourself to get stuck in the process of doing it on your own. So many have traveled this road before and are happy to help others along the way. Find your tribe, find those who will come alongside you and cheer you on. If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. African Proverb
- Stop searching for perfection in life. Ps 139:14 You are perfectly and wonderfully made. Our heavenly Father created you to be you. Don’t fall to the world’s definition of perfection instead tap into the person you’re created to be. There is no perfection. Take a leap and do the best you can do today.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is today. Chinese Proverb. What this means in the context of this, if you want to find success and growth in the future, the best time to act on it is now. Don’t worry about what could have been if you started years ago, think of what can happen if you start today.
- Stop thinking about how busy you are; instead focus on how grateful you are. Gratitude truly changes one’s heart to see all they have in life. Focus on ‘have’s’ and the ‘have not’s’ fade away.
- Focus on what the journey is teaching you. There are so many lessons to be learned in our daily lives. Look at the journey as your classroom. In all things God is teaching you, growing you to become the best version of you. There will be some mornings you’ll want to pull the covers over your head and days you’re ready to jump out of bed. Whatever the day presents, know that each one offers you a stepping stone. You want to lose weight, focus on your daily meals, workouts, mediation. You want to write a book? Set a goal of 1500 words per day. What is the journey towards your goal? Learn, grow, and become all you can on the way to the goal.
- Find the white space in your life. If we allow it, each day falls into the next and we lose ourselves in the errands, busyness, and running. Take time to sit back and just be in the white space in life. The times sitting in silence allows your mind to create new ways of doing things, new paths, a new appreciation for life.
I’d love to hear how your tapping into the best version of you.